The Library reference staff will serve as proctors for exams taken by distance learners within the following guidelines:
- Proctoring is a free service.
- All test taking requirements must be received from the issuing educational institution before any tests are taken.
- Exams will be scheduled during normal library hours of service.
- Proctoring consists of:
- Checking identification of the student taking the exam.
- Noting the time that an exam was started and completed in the Library.
- Signing the required school supplied documentation.
- Examinations will be taken in a quiet area of the Library.
The exam proctor will be the librarian in charge at the time the exam is taken. Staff will seal the envelope of the completed exam and place in library outgoing mail.
The library does not keep copies of completed exams.
- It is the student’s responsibility to confirm that this proctoring policy meets the requirements of the institution giving the exam.
- It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that the library’s computing resources are adequate for their test taking requirements.
- Completed exams will be returned to the testing institution via the U.S. Postal Service in postage paid envelopes provided by the student or institution.
For more information, contact the Reference Desk at 201-288-6653