Wireless Internet access is available throughout the Library to anyone who has the necessary devices and software, via a cable based network. Wireless Internet access is available to patrons of all ages. Wireless Internet access in the library is governed by the Library’s Code of Conduct and may be found in our Policies section.
All users are responsible for maintaining their own virus protection on their computers or wireless devices. The Free Public Library of Hasbrouck Heights cannot protect users of the network against malicious theft or interception of data transmitted over our network.
The Library has workstations and laptops available for patron use. All are equipped with the Windows System 7 operating system and Microsoft Office 2010. Patrons may use Library computers only upon presentation of his or her valid library card. Guest passes are available for patrons without BCCLS library cards and will be dispensed at the discretion of the staff.
Patrons are allowed up to 4 hours of computer access per day. Black and White printing is available from the workstations at a cost of fifteen (.15) cents per page.
Patrons are permitted to utilize flash drives or CDs and other peripherals only on computers designated for that purpose. The Library can provide flash drives for patrons for a fee.
Print & Copy Center
Patrons are able to print documents from any of the workstations. The cost for printing is fifteen (.15) cents per page.
The Library also has one black and white and one color photocopier available for patron use. B&W copies are fifteen (.15) cents per page and full color are fifty (.50) cents. Patrons have the option to copy onto letter sized paper (8.5″x 11″) or legal size (8.5″ x 14″).
On a Laptop or Desktop
- If you are on a library computer, find the “Printing Services” icon on the desktop
- If not, go to printeron.net/hhpl/main
- Select either Black & White or Color
- Enter your email address
- Browse for the file you would like to print, or enter a URL of website
- Click Here for Supported File Formats
- Hit the Green printing Icon
- Wait several minutes, go to the Print & Copy Center computer
- Enter your email address and make payment to release print job
On a Mobile Device or Tablet
Navigate to printeron.net/hhpl/main and follow the Laptop / Desktop Instruction
- Download the “PrinterOn” Application (iOS & Andriod)
- Find No Printer Selected and Tap here to Select a Printer
- Tap Location and zoom in to Hasbrouck Heights
- Select Hasbrouck Heights Public Library Main
- Tap the Checkmark at the top right
You now have access to print documents (iCloud, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.), photos, and webpages.
- To switch printers, find Tap here to change printers, and select Location at the bottom right.
- Select Orange printer icon to find the printer you want
- Select the Checkmark at the top right
Printing Email Messages or Attachments from a Mobile Device
To print an email message or attachment, simply forward your email to –
email@example.com for Black & White
firstname.lastname@example.org for Color
You will be sent a release code for the email message and each attachment. Use these release codes to retrieve your documents. Email forwarding is ideal for online email portals such as Yahoo!, Hotmail or Google Mail.
Most online email services require that you log-in to access email. If you provide the URL (web address) of your message, the printing services will be blocked because your email login name and password are not known by the print system.